Paper briquettes are a great way to recycle paper, as well as acting as a fantastic firelighter!
Follow the method below to find out how to make your own.
YOU WILL NEED
Bucket or a large plastic tub
A briquette maker
1. Shred some used paper using a shredder. If you don't have shredder available to you, then you can always rip some paper up into small pieces.
2. Put your shredded paper into a bucket or large tub and pour in some warm water. (The paper must me damp, but not soggy!)
3. Place a paper towel or two at the bottom of your briquette maker.
4. Tease the shredded paper apart, using your fingers.
5. Put the wet paper into your briquette maker. (Make sure you fill it to the top, because if you put to little in, it won't work!)
6. Place another paper towel on top of the shredded paper, in your briquette maker.
7. Place the top of you briquette maker over the paper towel and squish down firmly.
8. Take the top of your briquette maker off and remove the paper. (It should remain in shape!)
9. Place your paper briquette on the radiator to dry.
10. Once your paper briquette is dry, you can use it for fire lighting!