Top 10 Tips for Working from Home
The Coronavirus Pandemic has changed our working lives for the foreseeable future. Many have us have resulted in working from home. This can be a difficult change for us all, but don’t worry. Below are my top tips for working from home.
• Set Up a Good Environment Make sure you are comfortable and have psychological safety zones.
• Plan Your Day Make sure you have enough to keep busy for the day. I like to make myself a timetable for the week with a main point of focus.
• Stay Connected It’s important to stay in contact with your other team members. Over the phone, Social Media and video calls/conferences such as Skype and Zoom.
• Have Regular Breaks Move away from the desk every so often. Toilet breaks, tea breaks and a decent lunch break. It’s hard to focus when staring at a computer all day. Taking regular breaks can help you to refocused.
• Eat Properly Feed the belly and brain! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Carbs are good for breakfast as they slow release energy.
• Limit Distractions Working from home can be hard. Many distractions can be around you. Kids, TV, luxuries, family. Limit these distractions the best you can. Get your own space in a room away from other individuals in the house.
• Mute panic-inducing things and people! Added stress you don’t need. Remove these things best you can.
• Reflect and Project Each Day At the end of make a list of what things you have achieved. Makes you feel fabulous and positive and sets you up for the next day.
• Don’t work in your PJs We know — this is one reason why people love working from home. If you enjoy working in your PJs, then you are killing your productivity. “Dress for success” isn’t just a corporate catchphrase; it really matters when you work from home.
• Develop a Morning Routine Another enjoyable perk of working from home is not having to get up, rush out of the house, and commute to an office. However, working from home doesn’t mean you get to skip your morning routine altogether. Since you’ll likely be cooped up indoors, take a brief walk around the block to take in the fresh air.
Hopefully these tips will help you to work efficiently and to the best of your ability while working from home. Take care everybody. Stay safe and hopefully we will see you soon.